Becoming a member of the guild provides a range of benefits, including :
- Participation in Guild workshops
- Contribution to exhibitions organised by the Guild
- Receiving monthly editions of the "Quillo Talk" newsletter
- Discounts on purchases at the following stores:
- Being involved in monthly meetings
- Access to the Calligraphers' Guild library
- The option of have you name and birthday registered for other members to send cards which may be brought along and displayed at monthly meetings.
The Guild has subscriptions to several wonderful reference journals - Letter Arts Review and Bound & Lettered published by John Neal Booksellers in the US and also the journal produced by the Calligraphy & Lettering Arts Society in the UK titled 'The Edge'. These are the most current publications on calligraphy with wonderful examples of the latest work being created worldwide. We also received the newsletters/journals from calligraphy groups in the eastern states and New Zealand. Our general library has over 400 books covering
(a) how to do calligraphy,
(c) collections and examples of calligraphic work and a small section on
(d) other crafts - paper arts etc.
These books and journals are available for loan on a four weekly basis.
- Membership fees are currently $50 (AUD) per annum (pro rata half yearly).
Fees are due in February each year.
To sign up as a member, please use the membership form and we will be in touch with you shortly.For more information e-mail Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org